The new claim option allows you to create a new claim for any manufacturer that uses ServicePower for claims.
First select the manufacturer that you will be filing a claim to from the drop-down list of manufactures. Enter a unique claim number (claim numbers are to be created by you).
When all required fields have been input, click the OK button to open the claim form.
Note: There may be additional fields on this form for some manufacturers.
Each manufactures claim form will differ based on what fields a manufacturer has specified they require.
Fields may also be validated differently per manufacturer, e.g. if the customer registered their unit with a different purchase date, the system will flag the purchase date as incorrect.
Initially when you first fill out a claim you may find that some fields need correcting after you click submit. You will however have the option to go back through the claim and correct any incorrect or invalid data.
Below is a sample claim form (Note the manufacturer name would usually appear at the top of the page).
As the claim form is quite long you will need to scroll down to view all available fields.
The pages below will explain how to complete the claim form in separate sections. Each section will contain headers of the claim form. Some manufactures may have different requirements when completing their claims. Please be sure to contact the manufacturer directly for more information.
Section 1 – Claim information and model information
The claim information header allows you to enter pre-set request numbers or service contracts that have been previously given to you by the manufacturer.
The model information header allows you to enter the model specifics so that it can be validated within the ServicePower system and manufacturer.
- Enter an Authorization number (Only entered if an authorization number was given on a call number)
- Enter a service contract number (Only entered if a service contract # was given on a call number)
- Enter a model number (Model numbers must be accurate, use the information button to verify the
- Enter a serial number (Serial numbers must accurate)
- Enter a purchase date (You can use the calendar button to choose the correct date/time format)
- Enter the brand (You can select the information button to view the manufacturer’s brand list)
Section 2 – Customer information and dealer information
The Customer information header allows you to enter the customer’s information so that it can be verified within the ServicePower system and the manufacturer.
The dealer information header allows you to specify if the product is a stock claim and show which dealer it was sold by. Stock claims are not supported by all manufacturers, please contact the manufacturer directly if you have questions.
- Enter the customers last name
- Enter the customers first name
- Enter the customers address
- Enter the customers zip code
- Enter the customers city
- Enter the customers state
- Enter the customers phone number
- Enter the customers work phone number (can be left blank)
- Enter the customers email address
- Select yes or no if the claim is a stock repair
- Enter the dealers name (Select the information for a list of dealers)
Section 3 – Repair information
The repair information header allows you to enter the repair details for the claim. This section explains the customers complaint and the service preformed.
- Enter a claim number – This will already be visible as it was entered previously.
- Select the Parts Only check box only if this is a part only claim (no labor will be paid if you select this box)
- Enter the request date – The date that you were contacted about the repair
- Enter the completion date –The date that you completed the repair
- Enter the total time it took to repair the product
- Select the repair category from the drop-down list
- Enter a defect/failure code – Select the information button to view a list of different defect failure codes. Choose the best code that explains the defect with the product
- Enter the repair/job code – Select the information button to view a list of different repair/job codes
- Choose the best code that explains how the product was repaired
- Enter a rework number – This is only entered if you had a previous rework for the same issue
- Enter a dispatch number – This is only entered if you had a dispatch number assigned to you by the manufacturer. Some manufactures do not need the dispatch number
- Enter the customer complaint – Explain the customers issue with the product in detail
- Enter the service preformed – Explain how the product was repaired in detail
Section 4 – Part information
The part information header allows you to enter part information along with the cost and distributor
Each manufacturer has different requirements for the parts section, please contact the manufacturer for any questions.
The number of parts field is only used if you need to add additional parts rows, for example if you enter 2 then click the More Parts button, you’ll be adding two more rows to the parts table.
Now for each part row, enter the following information:
- The quantity of parts
- The part number (select the information for a list of part numbers)
- The invoice number for the part purchase (if required)
- The part cost (enter the amount that you paid for the part)
- The extra amount you are requesting for the part to cover your handling (i.e. the mark up fee)
- The fault code (select the information for a list of fault codes)
- The job code (select the information for a list of job codes)
- The distributor number (select the information for a list of part distributors)
- Select yes or no if the part was returned
Note: Some manufactures require the part vendor to validate the part and price. You can contact the
manufacture and or the part distributor for them to review.
Section 5 – Charges
The charges section combines all of the payment options within the claim. Some manufacturers require validations from the ServicePower system. Other manufacturers will audit each claim for valid labor parts and mileage.
Note: submit the claim amount according to any authorization request. If the requested amount is not the same the claim may receive an error.
- Enter the total labor (only if approved)
- Parts ny additional other (only if approved)
- Enter the mileage total will be calculated within the parts section
- Enter the travel amount (only if approved)
- Enter a amount (only if approved)
- Enter the total amount of miles
- Enter the shipping amount (only if approved)
- Enter the freight amount (only if approved)
- Enter the federal/GST tax
- Enter the state/PST tax
- The total amount will be calculated for you
When finished click on the Submit button to submit your claim.
The claim will then be validated, and any errors will be displayed on the claim form colored red. You will then have the option to correct any errors before re-submitting your claim.